Swift Language (Apple) first steps
Apple launched the Swift language (Looking for the Swift parallel scripting language? Please visit http://swift-lang.org) at WWDC 2014. A modern language to program for Mac and iOS!
- We can put zero left freely to improve readability, insert _ to separate groups of numbers and add the + in front. That server to improve readability of the program (does not alter the value of the number):
let a = 1000000 let b = 0.0000001 // readable let a = 1_000_000 let b = 0.000_000_1
- Practical numerical ranges:
- Unicode variables:
let π = 3.1415926
- Tween strings (expand variables and expressions inside strings):
var name = "Thiago Avelino" var yaer = 25 println "Hi, my name \(name), 'm \(year) years."
- Few functions/methods native to strings works:
- Not have regular expressions
- Ternary operators:
(condition ? yes : no)
I liked the language, as ’m used to not bother me Go explicit types, lack of regular expression can be a problem seems, but it is a pleasant language to learn!